Thursday, September 8, 2011

What I Want to Know about World Youth Day, Madrid 2011


 How Many Attended? When and where is the Next WYD?

My dear friends,

After my last week's blog: “Magnificent Yosemite, Was it a Good Choice,” I would share other trip experiences with my nephew from Holland. But before I do that, I would like to continue my blog “World Youth Day 2011, Madrid” posted on August 2nd.

World Youth Day 2011 is now history. But for the 2,000,000 youth who attended the big event in Madrid, Spain, on August 16 - 21, including one Indonesian from the Indonesian Catholic Community in San Francisco Bay Area, I believe the great and wonderful experiences still live strong in their hearts and mind, and will be one of the awesome experiences they will never forget in their lives.
I myself really like to know how it went and I have some questions. Because at the time of WYD 2011, I was traveling around with my guests and  I did not follow any radio, TV or printed news. 



To satisfy my curiosity I browsed You Tube. Here are the answers that I was looking for and now like to share with you. Let us start with watching the video clip: "Best images from World Youth Day 2011."



Now my questions: How many youth finally gathered at WYD 2011 Madrid? What was the cost to organize an event with such magnitude? How about other statistics?


My other question is: What was WYD 2011's results and what were Pope Benedict’s comments?


My next questions is: When and where will be the next WYD?



2013 World Youth Day slogan:



See you in Rio 2013!



My young Indonesian friends, my young Indonesian friends in California and USA, and all my friends, will you be there two years from now?

Your friend, Daud the Indonesian Californian.



No comments:

Post a Comment